I’ve been slammed at work lately, but knew that I should come up with some sort of a post. How about a bunch of random SolidWorks tips & tricks.
- Holding ‘Ctrl’ and dragging a part in an assembly will copy the part. This is true if you click on the part in the tree or the graphics area. You can do the same with a sub-assembly out of the tree.
- Hold ‘Ctrl’ and dragging a plane will create a quick parallel copy of said plane.
- Dynamic Line/arc creation – Hover over the line endpoint to switch to the arc tool, or press ‘A’ to alternate between the two.
- F9 will hide the FeatureManager, F10 will hide the toolbars, F11 hides all.
- F5 turns your selection filter toolbar on and off. F6 clears enabled filters.
- Holding down ‘Shift’ while dimensioning arcs will auto dim to ‘Max’.
- If you use the ‘Shell’ command without selecting a face, you’ll create a hollow part.
- Use Multi-mate to speed up mate creation in assemblies.
- Did you know that you can rotate, in 3D, a view in a drawing?
- Use a surface cut to quickly remove half of a model.
Ok, that’s it for now. Just a quick post!