I’m quite sure that any number of bloggers and reporters will be talking about today’s general session and how SolidWorks has had a hand in designing Skynet and how our future robot overlords/killers have become aware. Where I feel like some sort of accomplice, I apologize. I also am not going to rehash the coolness that was the autonomous robot quadropters or the fact that a life-like robotic bird flew RIGHT OVER ME. I spent too much time tweeting to take good notes, and missed the press conference to go support Richard Doyle.
What I do want to talk about is all the coolness I’ve seen these past two days in the Partner Pavillion. I’ll have full-blown reviews coming in the next days and weeks, but here are some teasers:
– Mcor and their 3D Printer that uses paper and glue as their media.
– Boxx says they’re going to send me a machine comparable to the Xi I have at work to do a comparison. Hoping to talk them into a laptop to compare to my Dell.
– New info from Draftsight that I’ll be writing up.
– Totally cool tech from zSpace
– Hoping to get some more details from Keyshot
– SolidProfessor is sending me info on their new stuff
In a nutshell, Jeff’s Tool Shed is being brought back from the brink of death. Stay tuned!